Saturday 7 July 2012

A picture is worth a thousand words!

If being a blogger was my job I would have been sacked by now!. I actually don't have time to sit in front of the computer blogging, Im too busy making hats.Anyway a picture is worth a thousand words so Im going to upload some new photos in lieu of thousands of words!
I have been delighted at the response of the general passing parade of market goers who have given me such positive feedback. Most of all I have delighted in meeting the people who will wear my hats. Parap and Nightcliff markets have also proved to be a great place to catch up with folk that I havn't seen for years.
I'll have to update my initial profile sometime as I have a new baby granddaughter born in May.I KNOW she will be a hat lover too! Our little May baby is also named May.
May rugged up for the cold Pine Creek morning; about 11 degrees - cold enough for tropics! 



My daughter Angela wearing the two-way hat, sun visor OR elegant race hat (Another hat lover)
A collection of 'Poke Bonnets' made for Ginger's 9th birthday party with 'Little Home on the Prarie' theme
Straw Cloche  'Miss Fisher Collection'commissoned by Conni - Conni is another hat lover and so far holds the record of owning  three original gayz design hats. I am very grateful to Conni's introduction to lots of hat loving ladies in Katherine.

Conni's "Sunny Lady' straw/silk trim

Two different views of Conni's fur felt cloche to keep her warm over the Alice Springs winters. Danni'elle modeling the feather trim. The cloche came with three interchangable trims - for a completly different look.

Danni'elle modeling 'Carolyn' commissioned by Carolyn for a winter wedding down south.
'Vintage Hollywood'  has created some interest and Ive had orders for a similar style in different colours
Nightcliff Market stall
Parap Market Stall
 
Katherine Arts organised an exhibition of 'Where's your head at?' for International Womans day 2012. These are the Pine Creek contributions.No prizes for guessing which one is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment